You’re a pastor, minister, or church leader who understands the importance of thinking about money from a biblical worldview. But inevitably the question arises: “How can I teach my congregation about money? Will they be receptive?”
Let’s face it . . . money is a somewhat taboo topic in the church. How does one break the ice?
Truth in Financial Planning has a compelling answer.
Your Church + Truth in Financial Planning
Michael Gauthier, a Christian and Certified Financial Planner™ who has worked with families for over 13 years, has organized a Truth in Financial Planning ministry that helps leaders bring biblical financial principles to their congregations. Here are some ways you can get involved:
1. Have Michael speak at your church.
Michael’s presentations to churches include top-notch financial lessons tailored for believers of all ages. At the core of his message are the Three Phases of Giving – a plan that shows believers the importance of tithing, impact giving, and legacy giving.
But it doesn’t end there.
The ministry empowers stewardship by explaining the Three Phases of Wealth, a life-changing plan to help believers:
- create a budget
- start an emergency fund
- get appropriate insurance policies
- personalize their estate plan
- pay off consumer debt
- finish building a large emergency fund
- start accumulating wealth through investments
- and strategically structure their income sources in retirement.
Michael is available for speaking across the country. Have him speak one time or bring him back time and time again! Fill out the contact form below to learn more!
My wife and I began working with Michael Gauthier from Truth in Financial Planning, mid-year 2013. The easy-to-understand “phased” approach to financial planning made a lot of sense to us. We are now more confident in our future financial plan – more than ever before. – Steve and Dodie
2. Become a Truth in Financial Planning instructor.
Michael and his team will teach you all the course material you’ll need to minister financial wisdom to your church. You’ll be provided with books and workbooks to grasp the concepts and effectively lead believers. In-person and over-the-phone training is also available.
By becoming an instructor, you’ll be able to:
- light the path for believers and explain how they can manage their finances well
- empower stewardship by giving believers a firm financial foundation
- show your church how to think money issues and overcome them
- improve church staff members’ finances and encourage them onward
- and teach financial principles straight from the Bible.
If you love numbers, are involved in your church, and have a passion for helping others create a workable financial game plan, we’re interested in talking with you! Pastors, ministers, church leaders and the like are all welcome. Fill out the contact form below to learn more!
3. Share TruthinFinancialPlanning.com with your church.
TruthinFinancialPlanning.com is an excellent resource for your congregation. Here, you’ll find:
- free and biblical personal finance articles over at the blog
- the Three Phases of Giving framework for understanding how to give appropriately given your financial situation
- the Three Phases of Wealth framework for understanding how to improve your finances
- upcoming events at churches and other organizations
- membership opportunities with access to tools such as advanced financial calculators and other materials
- books and workbooks for in-depth study
- and much, much more!
You can share TruthinFinancialPlanning.com in your church bulletins, mention it as a resource during messages, or include it as part of a welcome class. Your congregation can stay involved by signing up for our newsletter over at the blog, or liking us on Facebook.
Partner With Truth in Financial Planning
Bring sound, biblical financial advice to your congregation. Partner with us and change lives. We’re here for you – simply fill out the contact form below and we’ll be in touch with you shortly. Thank you and God bless!